Lanersbach (1,300 metres) is one of the 6 villages of the “Tuxertal” (“Tux valley”). The valley is around 8 km long, and the villages are named Vorderlanersbach, Lanersbach, Juns, Madseit, Hintertux and Neuhintertux.
Lanersbach is a cute little village with lovely pubs and restaurants. There is plenty of accomodation available and most hotels, B&Bs and holiday apartments will be open during the summer. A lot of hikes and walks can start in Lanersbach itself. For other tours we can take the free bus to the other villages.
- Doctors, pharmacies: the nearest doctor is located in Juns (Dr. Peer and Dr. Wechselberger, Juns 592, telephone: +43 5287 86180), with a small pharmacy in the house. The next pharmacy is in Mayrhofen (Steinbock-Apotheke), a hospital is in Schwaz, there is also one that specialises in sport injuries in Mayrhofen (Sportclinic Zillertal).
- Banks: There are two offices of the Raiffeisenbank in Lanersbach and Vorderlanersbach, both with cash machines. Also, there are cash machines at the Sparkasse (another bank) in Lanersbach, in Hintertux and at the Tenne in Neuhintertux.
- Shops: Lanersbach has a Spar supermarket (open Monday to Saturday from 7:30 am to 6 pm), a bakery (Dorfbäckerei Stock, open Monday to Saturday from 6 am to 6 pm, Sunday from 6:30 am to 10 am), various sports and outdoor shops. The next petrol station (AVIA, garage included) is down in Vorderlanersbach, which is just around the corner from Lanersbach. A post office is at the information office in Lanersbach.
- Police: The next police station is down in Mayrhofen (telephone: +43 59133 7254).
- Taxi service: The valley has two main taxi companies: Siegfried’s Taxi-Tux at Lanersbach (telephone: +43 5287 86900) and Tuxer Taxi at Madseit (telephone: +43 664 2160216)
- Emergency numbers:
- Alpine Emergency: 140
- Fire Brigade: 122
- Breakdown service: 120
- Police: 133
- Ambulance: 144
Some pictures of Lanersbach